A simple launcher I made for the Bitmap Brothers' classic 1995 MS-DOS strategy game, Z, complete with DOSBox integration.
Current features of the launcher include the following:
- Simple text based interface.
- Easy access to video / sound setup.
- Full networking & multiplayer support through IPX tunnelling in DOSBox.
- Verification of DOSBox, game and any other required binary files.
- Custom designed, easy to edit file formats.
- Custom pseudo-scripting system for generating dynamic DOSBox scripts.
- Platform-independent code design using Qt's Core library.
Some possible future additions / features have been considered, including the following:
- Graphical user interface mode.
- Version checker & auto-updater.
- Linux / Mac version.